You can access your phone features, check your voicemail, block specific numbers and so much more at myphone.btes.tv!
- Make sure you have no phones off hook.
- Test other phones in your house. If they all have a dial tone, then you have a bad outlet or phone.
- Sometimes Fax machines or PC’s plugged into the phone wires can cause a short. Try unplugging all fax machines and computers from the phone lines.
- Old phones can cause shorts in the lines. Try unhooking all phones but the newest one to see if dial tone is restored.
- Household pets or other animals may have chewed wires to some of the phones causing them to short out. Inspect any visible wires to see if they are damaged.
- If you have a cordless phone make sure the batteries are not dead.
- Check the phone line and make sure there is a dial tone on the line. If you do not have a dial tone on the line, refer to no dial tone instructions above.
- If there is dial tone on the line, check if there is a computer modem, answering machine or fax machine that is answering the call before it rings.
- Make sure you do not have any of your phones forwarded to other lines.
Visit myphone.btes.tv to set up Selective Call Rejection if you know the number you are wishing to block or dial *60 on your phone and follow the prompts.
You can also register your telephone number on the National Do Not Call Registry at www.donotcall.gov to help eliminate unwanted calls from telemarketers.
- Check all phones within the premise to see if the static is on every phone. If the static is on every phone, refer to the above instructions on no dialtone.
- If the static is only happening on one phone, then the phone has a problem or an outlet has a problem. If the phone is cordless, try a wired phone on the outlet
- Make sure that you have set-up your voicemail from your home by dialing *15 and entering your pin code, followed by the # key. If you have not changed your pin code, the default pin code will be the last four digits of your account number before the dash.
- You can then access your Voicemail from anywhere by dialing (423) 573-0191.
Your voice mail box will hold approximately 150 one-minute long messages.
- Pick up a phone a dial *69 to hear the number of the last incoming call you received.
- This is only available when you have the feature Call Return.
- If you do not wish to send your caller ID information for a particular call, simply dial *67 from a dial tone.
- This is only available when you have the feature Caller ID blocking.
- If you sign up for BTES service and tell them before the install that you want to keep your existing number then you do not need to do anything else. Your phone number will also be automatically disconnected from your previous provider.
- Do not cancel your phone service before you are installed. This can cause your existing phone number to be kept by your old provider and BTES will not be able to port it from your old provider.
- After your old phone number is disconnected from your previous provider, BTES is unable to put it on our system. If you get a new phone number from BTES and want to take back you old providers number you will not be able to.
A Teen line makes you home phone ring with a different cadence if some calls this 2nd number. It is like having 2 phone numbers tied to one phone line. BTES sets the 2nd number or teen line to ring with a cadence of “Long-Long”. If you have a fax machine that supports this you can set it to pick up only when it hears the “Long-Long” Ring cadence. Please contact your fax machine manufacture if you need help setting up your fax machine for this feature.
Calls from correctional facilities are not simply collect calls but require an account to be set-up before a call can be received from the correctional facility. To set-up an account so that calls from the correctional facility will reach you call 800-844-6591.
It takes about 1 week after you have your phone number ported to BTES for all the phone systems to get be updated with you caller ID info. You telephone number should be being delivered to whoever you are calling but it may take up to a week for you name to start being delivered.