We have found an issue with Mac computers that seems to prevent them from getting online. They have problems obtaining an IP address from our server. This is not a guaranteed fix, but try this to see if it helps:
- Go into the System Preferences.
- Under Internet & Network, click Network.
- Click on Ethernet in the left side of that screen.
- Configure: should read “Using DHCP”
- Click Advanced…
- Enter something in the DHCP Client ID field.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- If the Mac doesn’t renew the IP address, click Advanced again, then click Renew DHCP Lease.
- Click OK again.
- Close System Preferences (click Apply if prompted)
We found that the DHCP Client ID field needs to have something in it in order for the Mac to obtain an IP address properly.