If you would like to add additional email addresses (up to 4 per account) please email your request with your name, account number, new email and password to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The BTES mail server scans email for viruses and SPAM. However, BTES still recommends that all users use some type of anti-virus software. Web pages or other downloaded files may have viruses or other malicious programs in them which can not be detected by the mail server anti-virus scanner.
If you are unable to send or receive email:
- Verify that you have an internet connection by trying to open a webpage.
- If you are able to connect to the internet and still unable to send or receive email open your mail client like Outlook or Outlook Express.
Outlook Express users:
- From Outlook Express click on Tools --> Accounts.
- Click the Mail tab at the top. Under the mail tab your accounts will be listed.
- By default your account should be listed as mail.btes.tv. Double click on that account, this should open the properties for the account.
- Verify that your email address information is correct.
- Click on the Servers tab at the top.
- On the Servers tab verify that your incoming mail server is a pop3 server and that the server names for both the Incoming Server and Outgoing Servers are set to mail.btes.tv
- You will also want to make sure that your Account name and Password information is correct, these should be in lower case format.
- Also, verify that the Use Secure Password Authentication box is not checked.
- If you have made any changes on these screens click APPLY and then click OK at the bottom of the window and try to check your mail again.
- From Outlook click on Tools --> Email Accounts (this should start a wizard).
- Check the selection View or Change Existing Email Accounts and click NEXT.
- The mail account should be listed here as; mail.btes.tv
- Double Click on this account, it should bring up the account settings.
- Under the account settings verify that your email address information is correct and that both the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers are set to mail.btes.tv
- Verify that the Account Name and Password is correct. Also, verify that the Use Secure Password Authentication box is not checked. Outlook as a program has a bug that causes problems when clicking the Test Account Settings button, thus this is not needed to check your settings
- Click NEXT and then FINISH.
- Try to send and receive your email again.
- If you are still not able to send or receive your email, and you are using a firewall or Anti-Virus such as Norton Internet Securities, McAfee Personal Firewall or Zone Alarm, these programs can block your access to the mail servers. Try to disable those programs and attempt to check your mail again. In order to disable these services verify that they are running by looking for their icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen next to your clock. Right click on the icon with your right mouse button, and left click on Disable, Exit, or Shutdown.