Visit our office to purchase your electric smoker or grill today!
MECO ELECTRIC COMBO WATER SMOKER
Two 16 inch diameter cooking grids. Two access doors.
Suggested Retail: $121.21
BTES Sale Price: $77.10
MECO DELUXE CART ELECTRIC GRILL
1670 watt element, 215 square inch porcelain cooking grid. Two foldable side shelves.
Suggested Retail: $200.42
BTES Sale Price: $143.43
MECO DELUXE CART ELECTRIC GRILL WITH ROTISSERIE
Electric grill with rotisserie plus window. 1670 watt element, 215 square inch porcelain cooking grid. Two foldable side shelves and wooden leg shelf.
Suggested Retail: $259.20
BTES Sale Price: $164.51
Electric Grill and Smoker Tips
Cooking a Turkey
- Be sure water pan is filled with water
- You may cook up to two 25 pound turkeys at the same time. Insert meat thermometer in thigh or breast.
- Remember, if the weather is cold or the wind is blowing, it takes longer to cook the turkey.
- You may use a water heater blanket and wrap the smoker to help hold the heat while cooking. Do NOT touch plastic on water heater blanket to grill. Check smoker after the first 2-3 hours, then every hour until meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit in thigh and 170-175 degrees in breast, or until the pop-up thermometer pops out.
Recipe for Apple Smoked Turkey
- Use limbs of apple trees 1/3” to 1/2” in diameter and three to six inches long or apple chips or chunks. Wrap limbs, chip or chunks in aluminum foil, leaving ends of the foil “log” open.
- Fill water pan with water. Add one tablespoon of cinnamon or ½ dozen broke cinnamon sticks.
- Rub salt on the inside of the thawed turkey.
- Core apple and place in cavity of turkey. Insert meat thermometer in thigh or breast. Place turkey on rack in smoker.
- Smoke until the meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit in thigh and 170-175 degrees in breast, or until the pop-up thermometer pops out.
- Spray grill surface with non-stick cooking spray before you turn it on.
- When cooking meat well done, start with a cold grill. Cook over medium heat until well done.
- When cooking meat rare or medium rare, preheat grill for 10-15 minutes on high. After placing meat on grill, cook 5-8 minutes on one side. Turn to other side to finish cooking.
Grilling Tips When Using Wood Chips
- Wood smoking adds a subtle, distinctive flavor to meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables.
- Wood chips or chunks should be soaked in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.
- Simply wrap chips or chunks in aluminum foil, leaving the ends of the foil “log” open. This makes clean up easier.
- Do not select woods with high resin content like pine.
The following table will help with wood selection:
||Apple, Hickory, Mesquite, Oak
||Alder, Apple, Hickory, Mesquite
||Apple, Hickory, Oak
||Alder, Apple, Hickory