Energy-efficient homes save you money and make your home more comfortable. Our Energy Savings Loan Program will help you improve the energy efficiency of your home and provides easy terms so you can improve your home. If you have any questions about the process, contact BTES at 423-968-1526.
- Visit https://energyright.com/residential/ to find a contractor.
- Call approved contractors for free proposals making sure each contractor knows you'll be participating in the BTES Energy Savings Loan Program.
- Choose installer to do the work and call 855-237-2673 to register your home with TVA and receive your site ID number.
- If you are interested in financing, drop off or email your proposal to Engineering Secretary Vickie Ballard at email@example.com to begin loan application process. Please include your site ID number and a good contact phone number with your proposal. Vickie will contact you to begin the loan process over the phone.
- Once the loan is approved, come to BTES to sign your loan papers.
- After installation - BTES will inspect the installation before the installer is paid.
- After approval, payments can be added to your BTES bill.
The following items are eligible for financing* through this program:
1. Inspected electric heat pump
2. Attic insulation (R19 minimum) and ventilation
3. Floor insulation (R19 minimum) and ventilation
4. Insulated replacement windows
5. Insulated exterior doors
6. Insulated garage doors (automatic garage door openers can be included)
7. Electrical service upgrades
8. Storm doors
(*Must qualify under BTES/TVA financing plan)
Loan terms are:
1. Borrow up to $10,000
2. Up to a 10-year term
3. Payments are added to your electric bill
4. Must qualify under BTES financing plan
5. BTES customers only